Tuesday, October 19, 2010

An Unfortunate Turn of Events

I was not feeling well today. I was worried that I am coming down with something. I'm tired, my throat hurts and I just feel icky. I fed the kids early. Then at about 5:30 I put on Cinderella and we all sat down on the couch to watch it. I was so tired, I just needed a break from the busy day. I figured we could watch a movie and then do bathtime and all that. Then I woke up at 7 and Samantha was sleeping too. This is going to totally f$*k up my night. Things couldn't be much worse. I don't feel great and now my almost 5 year old took an hour nap from 6 to 7 (this is my guess at least). I woke her up. I was drilling her, " Samantha what was the last part of the movie you saw?" "Did you see the ball?" "This is very important you must remember". She didn't remember. I guess it doesn't matter. Either way I'm pretty much screwed. Let's just hope that she will be happy with snuggling in bed with mommy tonight.

Note to self: Moms don't get to not feel well. Moms don't get to get breaks. Next time I think things will work in my favor and I need a break, wait it out, power through it. Your break is when the kids are sleeping (at bedtime, not at 6 pm).

Wish me luck tonight.

And on a unrelated note:
We have three bathrooms in our house. I've had toilet paper in the back of my car for 2 days now. We are currently sharing one roll between 3 bathrooms because I have not walked to the car to get the toilet paper. But it's cold out and I have 2 kids. And whenever I do leave the car I have many other things in my hand. Things more important than toilet paper, apparently. I don't think my husband has noticed this yet. I'm sure he'd have something to say if he did.

And, oh yeah, it's my 100th post!

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

Happy 100 and I really hope the evening didn't go as badly as you thought it would!!