Thursday, October 21, 2010

And Then...

Another day gone by. Kids went to daycare / "school". I went to work. Had to file a workmans comp claim, don't know why this stressed me out so much but it did. Bills paid, blah blah blah.

Came home and made yet another soup. Not nearly as good as yesterdays soup. Cleaned up the kitchen (already!), it's only 7 pm. Got a little annoyed at kids.

Do your kids take care of their toys? This is driving me crazy, especially with birthdays and christmas looming. Each girl has these cardboard suitcases from Land of Nod. They're in a set of three. They were supposed to look cute stacked on their dressers, which is where we put them every night. The girls have been shoving toys in them, playing with them and now 2 out of the 6 are ruined. This bugs me. I just don't know how to teach them to value what they have. I explained to my oldest that I spent money on those suitcases on them. Now they can't use them anymore. I'm just not sure how to get through to them on this. I told Samantha that we need to value and take care of what we have. They cost money and people give us things because they want us to have them. Samantha said "well I take care of Corsey". Corsey is her stuffed dog she's had since she was 2 and slept with every night. Forgive me, but all I could think was, 'yeah, peeing on him 10 times in his life is really taking good care of him. I'm sure he loves that'. It was just funny to me to think of it like that.

Well, I must go because I now have screaming children fighting over some toy that they're not taking care of. Ella has really started to enjoy tantruming, by the way. I have to give baths, do laundry... And then Samantha and I will start the Kit book tonight at bedtime. Lately we've been reading chapter books together and it really is enjoyable to see how the story continues each night.

1 comment:

designHER Momma said...

I know that feeling with the kids. I've really had to focus on letting go of some of my "mommy control" and just let things "be" just a little bit. It's hard, I know...