Sunday, October 24, 2010

New Hobby

This weekend my parents took the kids at 1 pm. I didn't have to be at work until 5:30. The possibilities were endless. My favorite thing to do with some free time is to see a movie alone but, this weekend nothing was playing at that time. So instead I went to the local knitting store. I learned how to knit about 10 years ago but never actually made anything. I would knit for no reason and then unravel and start again. I probably only did this for about a month. Well, I bought some new needles and a beautiful chunky wool/mohair blend blue yarn. The first couple tries I just wasn't remembering right and wound up pulling it out. Then today I googled it and reviewed "how to knit". Now I am proud to say I have quite a good looking scarf going on. I did it for about a hour today and am now going to knit after hitting publish. Yay! I secretly hope I will love this and can make a couple things as Christmas gifts. But I don't want to put too much pressure on myself. I just love the idea of giving people things I made.

In other news, I'm pretty excited about this busy week I have ahead. Tomorrow I'm driving an hour away to babysit my nephew while my sister goes to have her level 2 ultrasound and will find out what she's having. The next day my in laws are visiting for a few days. Then Friday Samantha goes trick or treating with pre school. And then Halloween over the weekend. I'm super excited for Halloween this year (with the kids). I hope we all enjoy it as much as I'm hoping. There's also a big Halloween party at a wine bar across the street for our restaurant this Saturday night. Even though everyone I know is planning on going I am not. There's three reasons:
1 - I do not like to dress up for Halloween, it's too much pressure.
2 - They're playing techno music I heard, and I hate techno. Just give me some good 80's and 90's hits you can dance to and I'm so happy.
3 - I have a babysitter for work that night. Paying for a babysitter for work and then to go out is just too pricey.

1 comment:

Mama Bub said...

I don't dress up for the same reason - too much pressure!!