Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thank God It's Over


It was a rough day. There were moments I thought I would not get through it. I had a migraine and nobody to help me. My husband did let me take a 1/2 hr. nap before he went to work. I had already been up about 4 hours, but anyway, it was nice. I would have rather slept in, but I guess I shouldn't complain.

The kids were driving me bonkers. Ella has become a screecher. I used to listen to other people kids and think, "Thank God my daughter doesn't screech because it is the most awful sound in the world." Well, guess what? I'm the lucky one. I have no idea how to get a just turned 2 year old how to not do this.

Even though my day was awful I decided to make some soup. 2 soups in fact. So I feel somewhat accomplished. More on soup details another time. It is now 9 pm. I have 2 sleeping children, a clean kitchen, hamper empty and laundry being done and glass of wine in hand. Now the question is, do I log into google reader and catch up on some blogs? Or do I fold the pile of laundry next to me? I would say I should go for the google reader. But my husband would be oh so impressed if he actually got to get clothes from his closet instead of from a crumpled pile in the laundry basket. Maybe I should try to impress him? I can fold the clothes, I don't think I can go so far as to fold socks. That just doesn't happen here unless I'm having a spectacular day.

In other news, I did bring the toilet paper in from the car and the bathrooms are stocked. I'd say I had a pretty accomplished day even with the headache and missed pilates class.

Oh, and this is Samantha when I told her to get ready for bed. She doesn't like the matching pajamas. Nice look, right? I love the long sleeves under the short for bedtime. Tres chic!

No comments: