Friday, November 12, 2010

Don't Stand So Close To Me

My children love me. That is known. Especially the little one. She must be touching me almost all the time. Just this morning, in my bed, she had to have one little arm above me and another below me. Like if I was 10 times smaller she would be holding me like a baby. It was not comfortable. It was my one morning to sleep in and she had to be in bed with me, holding me. Lately at times it gets to me. I try not to let it. Sometimes I feel like screaming , stop touching me'. I know, it's terrible to think that. And I don't scream it. Sometimes it gets to be so much. I'm cooking dinner and she's on my legs, begging me to pick her up. How do I get her to be a little more independent, or at least a little less touchy feely?

For today, I will focus on the times when I pick her up after not being with her and she has a huge smile on her face, and yells mommy, while running to get to me as fast as possible. She then throws herself around me, even if we were only separated for one hour. She loves me, and I love her too, more than I can imagine.

No comments: