Thursday, August 12, 2010

Well, I have to admit, I'm reading all the accounts of blogher and it sure does seem like a lot of fun. I'm a little jealous. And it was in New York of all places. I love New York, I used to live there. I'm not too far away. It also seems so great to form all those connections with other bloggers. Oh well, maybe next year, maybe I'll really dedicate myself to blogging and go next year.

Tonight I went out alone to dinner with my two girls. We actually had a enjoyable experience. We went to the local chinese restaurant. I had sushi and the girls had miso soup, edamame and egg rolls. Dinner of champions, right? We laughed, talked and had a good time. It was nice to do something fun and everyday with them. We parked far from the restaurant because the girls wanted to walk. We slowly walked back stopping to talk to the people we knew, stopping to jump off steps and relish in the everyday things that kids find so enjoyable. This is it, I thought. This is why we are here. This is why we are parents, to enjoy these moments, to remember these moments. This makes all the hard time worth it. Before we got to the car a stranger stopped us and said, "it's so nice to see such beautiful girls having so much fun." I thought, yes it is. It is indeed. And how nice to have someone else notice that.

Tomorrow we are going on a trip to a butterfly farm. I'm hoping it's everything it should be.

No comments: