Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day Off

tomorrow is my day off. I am "allowed" to do whatever I want all day. I do have to do some actual work, but honestly, getting work done in peace without the children around is a luxury I do not have lately. My plan was to go to work in the morning, go for a walk, I have a brief meeting at 2 pm. Then I was actually considering seeing 2 movies. There are 2 I want to see and I haven't been to the movies in at least a year. Then I'll have dinner with a friend. This day to myself sounds great. However, I actually feel a little guilty at the thought of going to 2 movies, going for a walk, and not stopping home to see the kids at all. So we'll see how it goes. I can't feel too guilty, I am taking them away alone again, this time to Cape Cod on Wed. morning. It's not like they don't see me often, and yet I still feel like I shouldn't be gone all day. I'm still excited about it!!

Today, was sort of stressful. I don't know what's wrong with me lately, I seem to be having trouble handling kid related stress. I think it's the business stuff on top of it. I used to be fine. I was driving a half hour away today and Sam was being really annoying and Ella was screaming in the car. There was nothing I could do. I turned up some music they like and chanted to myself, you wanted this, you wanted to have another baby, it was all your idea. And then I tried to list the things I am grateful for, but that's for another post.

No comments: