Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summertime

We've had some fun times lately. We went to Lake George on vacation. I came back and worked for 2 days and then I went off to visit a friend in Pa. for a night. I hadn't seen her in years. She lives in Jamaica and was here visiting her family for a month. She is having a baby in September. She has a big huge family (she is one of 10) and there were lots of kids there. It was lots of fun, I just wish I could've stayed longer.

At the last minute my mother offered to keep Ella with her so I could just go with Samantha. I was torn on what to do. I wanted my friend to meet Ella, but Ella is a terrible sleeper and it's hard for her to share a room with me and Samantha when we're staying with someone else. So I asked Samantha if she wanted to go with me alone or not. She got very excited and said, yes, yes, yes! So off we went. I had mixed feelings on it. It was easier without Ella there, but she would have had fun. There were 2 other kids her age. We went swimming in a lake and that would have been almost impossible to do with both kids alone. So we had fun. On our way back I told Samantha she should tell her sister about it. She said she wished Ella was there too. I reminded her that she wanted to go alone. She replied, I know, but if I knew it was going to be that much fun I would have wanted Ella to be able to do it too. That was a sweet sister moment. It reminded me that there will be many moments like this throughout their lives. It was nice to have time alone with Samantha. We have lots more going on this summer where they will both be there.

Today we are off to the beach, to the farm to pick up our CSA stuff and to my parents for dinner.

No comments: