Thursday, July 22, 2010

sometimes


Sometimes I feel like the worst mom. Sometimes I feel like I juggle too much and yell too much. I'm on my own with the kids almost all the time. My husband is home one day a week. Usually that day he sleeps in, or we're too busy doing something we had planned.

Yesterday was a tough day. I got the kids all ready to go to the beach. We got there and it started thundering. Everyone had to get out of the water. Then there was a crazy storm. I drove to my husbands job and waited it out. It stopped. So I went to the grocery store. Another crazy downpour. I went home, trees down on my street. No power at home. I kept trying to call the electric company and the town hall to report the tree down. My cell kept cutting out. The kids were going crazy. Literally they both wanted to be on top of me at all times. I was trying not to lose it. I started to feel all, poor me. I have to do everything myself. I just want for once someone to help me.

I know I'm whining and I'm feeling better today. Yesterday everything felt so hard. Today it feels doable.

Today we were dancing and listening to some rock n roll. Everything felt perfect. I caught a glimpse of us in a mirror, dancing and singing. I thought, I am a great mom. These are the moments they will remember. I have to believe that. I'm doing the best I can. As long as I have more great moments than crazy moments, it will all be okay.

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

You sound like a great mom to me!