Friday, July 30, 2010

A Medley of Sorts

It's been a busy week. It's been pretty good. I feel like I've been productive at work, so that's always a good thing. The restaurant is really busy. Which is awesome. It's packed every week night. I love it. However, when we're that busy I can't help think, is this going to last? How long will it stay like this? Will we be able to pay our bills in the winter? I have to work on being more positive. I should be reveling in how great our restaurant is going, not worrying when we will fail. A work in progress.

In other news, Meryl Streep came to the restaurant last night and Sandra Boynton (the childrens author). So that was exciting.

For famous people, I think that makes those two plus Frank Langella, Kevin Bacon (who was really cool to meet) Jane Curtin, I think I'm missing one or two. I've never been someone to get really excited to meet famous people. I never ask for autographs, pictures, I am just polite and friendly. But still, it's cool to have them come to your restaurant.

I still don't know what to do about swimming. We haven't been back. Swimming meets for one more week. However, next week is also this art camp. Samantha has gone before and loved it. I'm just torn between wanting her to have fun, but I'm not sure about getting her there 5 days a week at 9 am. There will be plenty of time for that in the fall. I cannot decide what to do. It meets for 2 weeks starting Monday.

My in laws are coming this weekend when Tim and I will be working a lot so we won't really get to see them.

The kids are playing really nicely and being really quiet. That probably means I should go check on them.

No comments: