Friday, June 25, 2010

Summertime Blues

I travel alone (with my children alone) often. I have mixed feelings about this. It is sometimes great to be able to do what I want, when I want to do it (within reason of course). But sometimes I am so tired of doing everything alone. I feel like a single mom at times. When I return my husband will say, you've been on vacation. He has no idea what its like to deal with the kids 24 hours a day when you're not at home. I know, I sound like poor me. And it's not that bad, I am getting to do things. but when I get home to dishes in the sink, clothes on the floor, I might have well as stayed home. I am so tired when returning from a few days away from home with my kids.

This week I drove 4 hours to my inlaws house. Driving that far with ella is never fun. It's hard to be the only adult in the car when driving with 2 children.

This summer we will be going to Pennsylvania, Cape Cod, Lake George and New Jersey. The trips are anywhere from 1.5 to 6 hours. I am going on all of these trips alone. I have to fit them into my work schedule, I am almost always returning on a Friday when I have to go right to work. I am exhausted just thinking about it. But the fun times, the pictures, the memories will all make it worth it, right?

Like I said I have mixed feelings, of course, a part of me wants to do it. Or I wouldn't do it. But I just wish my husband didn't feel like, I was on vacation while he was working. I think we need to have a talk before our next trip. I actually think it's like a vacation for him too. He has nothing to do other than go to work. Nobody is asking for help with the kids, he's just going to work, watching tv and going to bed.

Oh well, it's going to be a great summer, right?

No comments: