Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March resolutions

I have a few things I want to accomplish daily. This is in a ideal situation I am well aware of how unlikely it is that this will happen. But if I can swing 4 out of 5 it is a pretty good day. The ideal time frame is 45 min to 1 hour each.

I have had so much anxiety lately. I feel like in the effort to get so much done, I only half accomplish things and don't accomplish a lot too often. I have to get it together. I have 2 kids, a business, a family. I am going to try a new tactic where if I plan my days and try my best to stick to it, I will hopefully accomplish more. Also, I need to make working out more of a priority for me, a daily priority.
so here we go, the things I need to accomplish:

Working out: I have a tendency to work out to lose weight. I lose a few pounds and drop it completely. I know I feel tons better when I work out. So I'm going to go for 45 min a day, and just focus on that. I'm hoping it will help me to feel better all around. I'm trying to make it about my well being and not about a number on a scale.

Real Work: I am really working on trying to set things up so that's it easy to work from home. Now that we have a bigger house, this should be doable. I need to utilize morning, nighttime, naptimes... and I know I shouldn't admit this but... a 30 min tv show in the afternoon should be enough time for some billing or answering emails. I read about all these people who work from home, it must be possible for me to do it at least a little bit more than I do. I'm thinking if I devote some time daily instead of big chunks of time, I might not get as overwhelmed.

Organizing / Decluttering: Since we just moved I just want to keep this house really organized. We lived in a small space for several years and things were really chaotic and cluttered. I'm doing my best to straighten up several small times a day to avoid this from happening.

Walking: I'd like to walk with my children almost daily. This new spring weather is making me want to get out there and walk around. This will probably be the thing that I do the least consistently, but if I get out there with the stroller a few times a week that will be a good thing.

Cleaning: Pretty self explanatory. I'm the worst cleaner in the history of cleaning. I've tried many things in the past. have one cleaning day a week, have daily chores, this and that, whatever... I think I just have to take it one day at a time. Little things. New rule is to fold the clothes right out of the dryer. I am even so fancy that I have bins with our names on them, the clothes go in the bins, then up to the rooms. I am so proud of myself! Dishwasher is being emptied and dinner being cleaned up right after dinner (imagine that!?!) The biggest issue s for us are the toys and the dog. We now have a playroom and Samantha has been very good about doing for chores for allowance as long as we remind her, so this is a big help. And our dog, well our dog sheds more than I ever thought possible. We just have to do our best with this one. He is usually staying off the top floor of the house, so it's not too bad. By the way, have I mentioned how much I hate cleaning?

No comments: