Monday, February 15, 2010

Whirlwind

Wow, what a whirlwind of a weekend. We were really busy at the restaurant. It got a little crazy and chaotic at some points. Everything was fine, customers were happy, but I think we need a little work in some spots so that things can run a little smoother. I do not like being stressed at work. So we need to adjust a few things. A customers chair broke on Sat night! So that was just about my worse moment so far at the restaurant. They were fine, didn't fall all the way, and stayed and had dinner and drinks so I'm thinking it's fine. Still, obviously stressful.

I think we need some work on organization there. There are so many things in the restaurant business that you can't control. I just think the things that you can control you have to be really on top of, so it makes it easier to deal with the other things.

My family was all visiting during this crazy work time. It made it easier to deal with the kids, because they were occupied the whole time. But it was harder b/c we had to be social and on when I wasn't at work, which made it difficult. Also, Ella slept terribly. She got up early and was up at night when I was coming home both nights. She was sleeping in a pack n play in our room, which is never great for her. Ella is a very light sleeper.

And in the middle of all this was the infamous V Day. Basically a disaster. Tim and I never really make a big deal of any holidays. We've been married for almost 7 years now and dating for 12. The times we've actually surprised each other have been few and far between. I'm starting to need a little romance. We said we don't have a lot of money. However, I still got candy and a card for Tim. And I had the kids make Valentines for him. Last night when I finally got mad and said something to him at 10:30 PM he said I did get you a card. But he forgot to give it to me and it was at work. Really? Should this count? I don't think so. I don't need much but a little tiny something shouldn't be too much to ask. And forgetting it at work is not okay. Make me a damn card then. I don't care. Just don't make it seem like you just forgot.

I hate fighting on V Day. It's a stupid Hallmark holiday and I don't like getting into the whole thing. We didn't go out to eat b/c we had to work. So I just wanted some sort of gesture. Ughh... why does Valentines Day after to be such a letdown?

No comments: