Monday, September 20, 2010

A Good Week

I'm working on having a good week this week. Last week I let little things get me down. I tend to stress about money worries a little too much. I can make myself feel sick over it. And it's not good for anyone. It makes me argue with Tim and it just basically makes me not enjoy the little things.

We had 2 not great weeks at the restaurant. They weren't horrible by any means, just not where we like to be. I can't help feeling like what if nobody ever comes back. Part of me knows this is silly. But part of me also thinks it's possible. The weeks after Labor Day are known for being the slowest time at restaurants, so I'm not sure why the fact that we're a little slow is so hard for me to get over.

I just keep thinking, this is all we have. Some families have 2 jobs, 2 careers. Not us. We are doing this together and if we fail, what will we do? It's just the scary part of having your own business. When I voice this to my husband or a friend they tend to act like I'm crazy and over reacting. Which I guess maybe I am, but they doesn't mean I can help it.

I could post lots of great reviews that we have gotten, we're involved in the community, people talk about how great the restaurant it. And yet, I still can't shake the feeling, of what if it all ended.

Right now, today, I am going to do my best to stop. I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach, a worried, nagging feeling. But today I will push the feeling away. I will focus on the little things. I will enjoy the moments.

No comments: