Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lessons of UTI's

My daughter has a UTI and it is awful awful awful. She complains about peeing, won't go because it hurts her and then has tiny little accidents ALL DAY LONG. She has been on the antibiotics for 2 full days now, she has been drinking loads of cranberry juice, taken her vitamins with extra vitamin c and it is not clearing up yet. I am not happy. Should I call the doctor? Is she one the wrong medication? She is only 4. Part of me is really fearing that because she is having accidents now and it is sort of okay because "she can't really help it" that we are going to majorly regress with potty training. I fear I am doomed to be cleaning up pee for the rest of my days.

In other news, she also is going to sleep at 10:30 at night! I think she is uncomfortable because she always feels like she has to pee but yet she is holding it in because she is afraid to pee. So she's having trouble relaxing and going to sleep. Please someone help me out here. Also, she's been home so I've had no time for office work this week yet, the house is a disaster. Also, Ella is cutting a tooth and she has been clinging to me saying "mommy, mommy" whenever I'm not holding her for the last 48 hours.


Please tell me there is light at the end of this tunnel.

No comments: