Wednesday, October 6, 2010

dreary days

Woke up this morning at 6:30. It has been so gross out lately. It's a little too cold too fast for me. It's brutally windy out there and we don't yet feel like we should be grabbing a jacket on the way out, but we should. And the rain, it's been raining on and off for over a week. Things have been a little slow at the restaurant and that compared with this weather is making me a little sad. I have just wanted to cuddle up on the couch with a blanket. Well, surprisingly my 2 kids aren't really into that plan. We have to get up and do stuff and play and go to dance class in the pouring rain and blah blah blah. I have got them to cuddle up a tiny bit with some tv watching the past few days and I'm feeling a little guilty about that. Sure, let's watch a movie. Last night we watched Glee. I used to be on a strict no tv all day or at the most one Nick Jr. show (20 minutes).

So, I feel like I've been slacking. When we woke up this morning (and it was still dark out) I decided no tv today. I will be a good parent. It is now 8:30. So far we played with play doh, had breakfast and played with crayons and stickers. Can I make it the whole day? I'm a little tired already (need coffee). There is no school today. I think we need to get out of the house, even though it's pouring out AGAIN!

I'll show you some of my lovely farmers market food pics to think of nicer days.







No comments: