Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What If It Were You Sitting Up On the Wall...

...if it were you in the sandwich, you wouldn't be laughing at all.

I can't help it. I love that McDonalds commercial. I find it hilarious. I have to admit that once (or twice) I looked up the commercial on youtube just for a laugh. And then I made my daughter watch it too. She gets it. We have a similar sense of humor, you know.

These days, I'll take those silly laughs anywhere I can get it. They're few and far between. So if I'm laughing out loud for some stupid reason and at a Mcdonalds commercial, I'll take it and I'll watch it again.

I have never gone to therapy. As a former social worker I am not against it at all. I see the things it can do for people. There's a group near me, I don't remember what it's called. It's basically a group therapy. It's about taking the time for yourself. I was considering doing it and then my husband said it was crazy. He said, you don't need therapy, you just need to manage your time better. But it wasn't really just about the therapy, it was about once a week this is my thing that I'm doing, just for me. I'm not trying to work while taking care of the kids, trying to clean the house and exercise while doing other things. 2 hours once a week i just focus on trying to make myself a better person, and on feeling good about my day to day experiences. Lately I feel like I'm not totally present. I am often doing more than one thing at a time and while I'm doing it, I have other things on my mind. I want to teach myself to live in the moment again and to be able to turn off the other stuff and focus on the task at hand. That could be playing with the kids, exercising, cleaning or working. I just want to be more present, I think I could be more fulfilled that way. Maybe this group could help with that, maybe not but it's worth a shot, right?

(In other news, I'm also quite fond of the new Kia commercial with the sock monkey and moono from Yo Gabba Gabba.)

No comments: